Wednesday 18 July 2007

Wasps' nest in my sport shoes

Hell, I am pretty sure I can't blame this on Russia (even I will do my best to try it;)....

Today I had luck with the traffic and decided to make a bit of sport. Quick scan in my apartment and my running equipment appeared. Found the shoes on the balcony.

When I tried to slip in I realized that the space is busy. First assuming it's a piece of paper I realized fast that it was a wasps nest.
How embarrassing, a wasp nest in my right sport shoe!
And I'm used to answered on the question if I make sport 'occasionally' ;)
(Bdw, this is the same answer as I give on the question how often I drink alcohol... 'occasionally' it's is a very flexible word)

Damn, I clearly have to change my life style!
But the other way around. It's a expat live with a lot of business trips, 2-4 hour in traffic jams a day (for 40km) also consume a bit of time and the gyms here are expensive and demand the

yearly fee in cash & advance...

... see, I did it. I blamed Russia again :)
But let's be honest. It's just me.

Poka

Gilles

No comments:

About this blog

This blog is a close up on Russia and the CIS. I am not giving you the big picture.
I would anyway fail. I am too long here. So beauty & decay,
education & corruption, high culture & kafka-style administration are meanwhile normal for me.
So this blog is like a painting from from Roy Lichtenstein... when you are with your nose on it :) You will just see the dots, not gaining any understanding of the whole.

Most things will look strange in this blog. But you can be sure, I would not live here, if there would not be a lot of great things here. Unfortunately, the weired stories are more interesting to tell & read.
Don’t judge Russia on this blog, if you want to know the country, come over and take a look by your own.

Gilles