Sunday 15 July 2007

Fokker (-plane) With A Defect Engine

Hi,

June 07 I flew back to Moscow from Riga.
My plane was a Fokker (the one with propellers), actually not too bad. Better than my russian planes in this month.
Anway, the pilot started the engine. Not engineS, just the engine because the right one did not work.
After a few seconds the pilot annouced:
"Ladies and Genltemen, we have small technical difficulties. We'll take a look and then decide if we can fly."

A technician arrived, climbed up a ladder and took a look in the engine. Without any tools. Just a torch he used to take a look (and I assume to slam it again some relays).
Afterwards the pilot crumbled something about a relay, turned the key and both engines started :)
So, we started... honestly, in this moments I didn't mind the right engine. When we started my heart & hope was with the 1st one nobody hammered again.


Regards

Gilles:)


No comments:

About this blog

This blog is a close up on Russia and the CIS. I am not giving you the big picture.
I would anyway fail. I am too long here. So beauty & decay,
education & corruption, high culture & kafka-style administration are meanwhile normal for me.
So this blog is like a painting from from Roy Lichtenstein... when you are with your nose on it :) You will just see the dots, not gaining any understanding of the whole.

Most things will look strange in this blog. But you can be sure, I would not live here, if there would not be a lot of great things here. Unfortunately, the weired stories are more interesting to tell & read.
Don’t judge Russia on this blog, if you want to know the country, come over and take a look by your own.

Gilles