Thursday 13 December 2007

accidents / traffic

Did I mention that I had two minors accident in the last month?

Two times somebody crashed me in my rear. Once a girl in stop and go, once a guy in a stop – stop no go situation. Just everybody stayed since minutes when he decided to drive. But ok, the guy was drunk and in a Lada. Nothing happened.
In case of the girl it was a bit more annoying, as that I finally made my way home after 90 min in the traffic jam. And almost at home she crashed into me and I had to wait 2 hours for the police.

Interesting about Russia is, that you are forbidden to move you car in case of any accident (they are supposed to change this law no). Means you wait and block the stress for everybody else. What caused traffic james, what causes accidents, what causes traffic james…you get the picture ;)

You anyway see easily 5 – 10 accidents here every day.
Just for you reference, attached a picture of the streets and a scan of one page of the street map here, as that you can see the kind of intersections you face here.

Gilles

P.S. by the way, in Russia the traffic jam topics beats weather and sport as smalltalk topic. You can discuss is with anybody, they will always agree and everybody has a strong emotional bond to it ;)

No comments:

About this blog

This blog is a close up on Russia and the CIS. I am not giving you the big picture.
I would anyway fail. I am too long here. So beauty & decay,
education & corruption, high culture & kafka-style administration are meanwhile normal for me.
So this blog is like a painting from from Roy Lichtenstein... when you are with your nose on it :) You will just see the dots, not gaining any understanding of the whole.

Most things will look strange in this blog. But you can be sure, I would not live here, if there would not be a lot of great things here. Unfortunately, the weired stories are more interesting to tell & read.
Don’t judge Russia on this blog, if you want to know the country, come over and take a look by your own.

Gilles